Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Doctorate on Divestiture




I am in Autumn. Divestment. Detachment.  Purging. Sharing my valuables now that I can still choose with what to do with my material possessions and who to give them to. 

This is step 1 of my next 20 years. 
And the first step could even take a lifetime of letting go and backsliding. 

I want to travel light and just carry my soul around and anywhere I choose to go.  When I mused about how much we accumulate in our lifetime, it did actually feel like the boat is sinking. 

My collection of baskets had to go. I decided that I will just take photos of what I want to buy or possess. 

I am trying to stick to basic clothes for work, for fun and a few pieces for gorgeousness. I still have to dress up for the school. My students like it when I am pretty especially when I rock!! But will keep most for my #funnygirls when they grow up. 

What happens to the trinkets most every girl possess? There is not enough arms, neck and fingers for all of them!!  Lucky me!  I have 70 fingers, 7 necks and 14 arms!!! 

I understand why my mother was a minimalist. She could have had more if she wanted but chose to have orchids instead and poetry, formulas and wisdom on her head, instead of a crown.  She only had one ring and wore it everyday. It was a half eternity of diamonds in rose gold given to her by my father on their wedding day.  

I am going to work on The First Step and be at it for the rest of my days. I will let you know if and when I complete my doctorate degree on divestiture and detachment. 

I learned so much these last 14 days after a relative fell ill. There's too much stuff. And i will take over where i want my stuff should go.  Diamonds, gold, silver should really go back to earth where they originally  belong but of course they are good investments. 

Today, i promise to travel. To travel light. That is Step 2. And i don't intend to be boring.  Among all my other exciting plans, I seriously will be divesting fats and seriously have a bikini body! 

Wanna join me?  Thats when I get to Summer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment