Thursday, November 16, 2017

Time Perspectives







Time is short and slippery.  We think we don't have enough but we squander it.
we spend it on useless endeavors like getting ahead and getting at the top of the ladder when we could have spent it on working at our humanity, engaging in affairs that benefit others and in valuing what we have and not spend hours being bitter about those who have what we don't have.

Before we know it, we have spent time unwisely.  We have  wasted it like milk that spilled on the ground never to be retrieved.  Well it can fertilize the grass that will feed the cows who will give milk in return, but never that same milk again. 

Time is the only commodity that cannot be recycled.  But it can be "stored" and even "captured."  There are the TBT's on IG and FB - photos that get stored in the clouds and come back to freshen our memories if not to show how much we have gained in weight, skin and silver hair .  There are storytellers who can recall experiences as vivid as when they happened and scents and sounds that can transport us back to the moment.

Time heals all wounds if we don't keep scratching and opening them.  Patience is a close kin of Time.  We don't get the results we want as easily as we make coffee or buy cola from the vendo.

Time is the master teacher.  If we don't learn our lessons now,  maybe we can tomorrow or next year or never.  Well, that sucks.  No teacher would want that.

Have you actually felt time like a presence?  I like to put my feet up after a long, hard day and keep still.  When I listen to my inner silence and have put all my baggages down, then Time sits with me in between intervals of breathing, with my soul.

I love "wasting" time!  I feel bigger than it when I do! At my age, I command it.  I tell it to go ahead when I have to tarry a while to kiss the babies who keep popping up in my house in the morning just when I am about to go to work.  I have mastered time  when I do a day's worth of work in a few hours with maximum results.  I even had the privilege of meeting the months of the new year through the calendars I make!

Time is relative.  It becomes what it is depending on how we use it or what our goals are and it can be mastered and outdone when we invest it on pursuits that build like growing children.




No comments:

Post a Comment