Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Saraswati



Instead of being hunted, an image of a deer was haunting me in for the last few days. The lotus flowers came first. They were rising from a lake. 

But the dream that came, before it started to take form, were flowers. 

Very often, i allow myself to be led without understanding why but deeply feeling it. 

So i gathered my basket of acrylic tubes and some old brushes and reported to my  wall.  So lotus it was. Then the deer. 

This is the wall of the faculty room and  I thought of the symbolism of the lotus flowers. The funny part of my thought process was what if we are too lazy to rise above the mud but would bathe in it instead like a carabao? (Chuckle!) 

Still i wrote on the door: "to be beautiful like the lotus, one must be brave to rise above the mud."

Then the deer rose from its bath in the pond of lotus. Why the deer? I just painted.  Outside my mind, the image kept showing in the magazines, on my Etsy feed, in the tree branches and the goats on the road. 

It must mean something. Of course I was praying for a good and blessed school year otherwise, what else would i think about while i dedicate a small fracion of a few  days on a school wall? 

As I lay awake on bed at dawn today, I began to attribute to the deer, the lotus flowers and the water.  I know it symbolized something but was too lazy to be a sage. I chose to yahoo and turned out that i was not altogether surprised to read on the symbolism of the deer. 

And so i muse that perhaps what we have known in the past but was shelved in the recesses of our consciousness becomes a basis for intuition. Or maybe my guides led me. Or putting two together, maybe i am the spirit guide of me? 

It turns out that it was not just a painting after all. It was a prayer wall, an inspiration, a reminder and an avatar. 

My 20 minutes is over.   I hope that the HEDCen teachers will rise to be gods and goddesses of learning!  It was not just about the lotus rising above the mud- it is  more than that. 


Darn! I missed the bathing bird outside my window today!








2 comments:

  1. Wondeful! A deer is associated with the purity of Nature (where our school is concern of) while a Lotus Flower means "the Bearer of Creation" it may affect to our new school year by creating wonderful thoughts and ideas to our studies and a whole new start ahead of us.

    -A student in Hedcen ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Looking forward to the start of the school year. Introduce yourself to me when you see me in school.

      Delete