Sunday, May 10, 2015

Remember Me






I remember as a child crying  at night just thinking that my mother will die.

And each time I listened to the song "Mama", I would cry too. 

When i found out that my mother had terminal cancer, I wished everyday that I would wake up from that nightmare. 

I missed her letters, her roast turkey, her brews, her voice, her laughter, her soft skin... when everything about Mary stopped! 

Then magically, life flowed like a river again and I found myself braving the world without her and continuing through all the lessons that she left me with. 

When i paint roses, they are for her. When i watch my daughter brewing things, I see her. When i spend money and time on useless things, i hear her. I feel her when i am in a beautiful garden. I see her hands in mine. 

Remembering her by remembering me. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Teacher Emma! Belated happy Mother's Day. I look forward to reading you at the end of a tiring day at work. Your stills come to life with your writing. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cess! You are a remarkably good mother, I wish you more blessings to come.

      Delete