Monday, May 4, 2015

Raising good parents in modern times



taken after the baptism of Justo and Ziva (seated l-r) Sugar with Justo and Sofia, Mommy Eli with Ziva, me with Jose and Jacob,  Vitty & Marie, my sister Eleanor, Juaqui & Anne, Lloyd & Ana


What did i know when i was a young parent myself? Not as much as i do know now but i let my heart and love for my children and how i was raised guide me.

1.  I know intuitively that the best way to teach is to show them how : how to be brave when they are afraid and hurt. 

2.  To laugh till they burst at the seams and not to take themselves seriously. Who is perfect anyway? Laugh together and remember to tell good stories- fiction or factual, but always tell the truth. 

3. To give their best effort on what's important to them especially on things that will be important to others. 

4.  To eat their food and to waste not. 

I watch my grandchildren grow and i am a witness to good parenting by my daughter and two sons as they raise their own funny and wise and brave little ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment