Sunday, May 3, 2015

Old Stock

Some children are born with a past.

That's why they are called "old souls".  Old soul or  old stock,  I am suspecting that I have several of them noisy and funny when awake and still noisy and funny when asleep ( they have such active minds that they sleep talk and even converse with each other).


The difference with one "old" soul I know is that he remembers some of his past it seems.

This little person is like someone old from the province- like some people I have met before.

He started his words earlier than 11 months.  These were English words.

He stopped talking before he turned one.  When he re-started, he spoke in Tagalog.

'Thank you Salamat!"
"Ang init! Uulan!"
"Usok" "Palaka" "Gunting" are words that are normally spoken in the household in their English translation but he prefers the tagalog words.

One day, he told his Daddy:  "Alam mo, hindi ikaw and Daddy ko.  Patay na ang daddy ko. Ang Daddy ko ay lolo na." (you know, you are not my Daddy.  My (real) daddy is already dead.  He is an old grandfather.)

One afternoon he told me this: "Ima may gustong sabihin mga aso mo.  Hirap na hirap na daw sila.  Di sila happy." (Grandma, your dogs want to tell you something.  They are having a difficult time.  They are not happy.) "Narinig mo sabi ko sayo?" (Did you hear what I just said?)

And today, during Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, he advised my sister-in-law not to bear the fight:  "Kung natatakot ka (manood), uwi ka na lang?" (If you are scared (to watch the fight) why don't you go home?)

There's another one. This one is perhaps a nun in her past life:  Sister Ziva who is 2 weeks younger than 3-year old "Ka Justo" ( a title given as a sign of seniority to someone old ) advised the same sister-in-law: "You know when I'm scared of the movie, I pray!

Ziva and Justo hardly talk to each other because of language difference.  They just hold hands. Yet there is something in common...


This musing was so badly written that i had to rewrite and revise. Brain malfunction happened after the Paquiao fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment