Monday, May 11, 2015

Emma' boyfriends: number 1

Andrew
My ever faithful shrink and yoga teacher. My first boyfriend after i married my husband. He used to scare me. He looked like shrek!  I asked my husband to watch us when we did yoga and I dreaded being left alone with him. 

He brought me beautiful saris and heavenly incense. His "ohms" were mesmerzing and he is better with sanskrit than any language or dialect.

In one of our early practice days he said: "hid en lowtus" while doing my asana. It took me a little time to figure it out so I asked: "Hidden lotus? You have not taught me that". Many more followed to my delight! Head in lotus became one of my favorite asanas along with "cowbrah" and lifting when he meant "left". 

He knows I can be lazy and that is when he would make very long poses.  Or be very compassionate when he knows that i was just trying to be brave. But was always proud of what i have learned from him. 

He listened to my woes with all his heart. In between he did vegetarian cooking for me, brought me books and taught me how to wear a sari. 

And i got used to his face.  I pray that his borrowed kidney is still smiling inside his body. 






No comments:

Post a Comment