Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stressing Stress


Back in the days, growing up did not include the word "stress" in my vocabulary. 

I was nervous. 
I was anxious.
I was afraid.
I was angry. 
I was busy. 
I was tired, exhausted. 
I was challenged. 

The level of how I felt was from bad, worse, worst or from very to very very, or anyhow a superlative degree could describe it. 

So that when i went through any of the identified mood or moment or status, i knew how to deal with it. Not through food nor pills. No weight gain. 

When angry, use reason. 
When nervous, practice, relax...
When exhausted, I rested...

I ate when hungry and never blamed overeating to my emotional, psychological or physical condition. If i gained weight, then i overate, i did not exercise restraint or I, simply  indulged. 

I exercised, prayed a lot, talked, talked, and talked alone or with a good friend. I cleaned the toilet, scrubbed the floor or cried till i could. Then i would face the
mirror and do my drama in front of a mirror.  See how this will change the emoment. ( emotional moment)

Nowadays, a simple cold is due to stress. Do you take stress tabs or do you take anti-histamine, take vitamin C or rest?  ( I swear by sinupret for colds)   Are you always in crowded places, staying up late at night, or sleeping with someone to blame? 

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment