Tuesday, June 23, 2015

For Adults Only



Here is a first born son who for the longest time was his mother's right hand. 

Of course he was indulged. Indulged to have had his mother around for 88 years.
He never knew how it is to not to visit her and bring her her favorite fish from the market  week after week until she got mad and told him to stop. Who is he going to annoy now?

Then when she was already weak and sick, he would bring native pinipig suman every Sunday because she liked it. She just stopped eating them one day but he still kept bringing her the same fare.

How is he?
Maybe he is taking it in stride for after all her mom had lived a full life. He played her favorite records for a day then everything seems to be back to normal. 

But I can never tell. What he is going through now that his main connection to his existence is gone, is very personal and private.  Something I cannot fully enter but curious anyhow.  When someone locks the door, you want to know what's going on and you want to be a peeping Tom.   As i am a curious cat, i better be careful. One does not know how deep a quiet river is. 

What goes on in the mind of an old person who lost a parent?  Of course life goes on. He sees his sisters quite regularly in their old house. I would not be a fine substitute because after all, we are not even related. I am glad he can seek them on things that only siblings will understand.   I also do the same. 

I miss the grand lady of the family. She's not mine but she was a reason why I behaved!   And i also miss her for my husband. 

I also entertained the thought that i will return his son to her someday but I should have done that earlier.  I lost my chance. He lost his chance to ship me back to my Mom 30 years ago. 

Peace Mom. Just entertaining myself. 







No comments:

Post a Comment