Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Where and What??

After learning that I had another surgery, my oldest friend said: "What else is left, Emma?"
Pilar is 89.  She remembers a LOT!  She has a big byte of memory bank.  I have a hard time remembering.

I am struggling with my memory or the decline of it.  So I left my comfort zone, with the intention to make myself struggle with survival in unfamiliar territory.  I have to recall names and places.  I have to remember where I left my things and remember facts and stories of the past.  Until I realized that maybe, this is my new me.  I was born again in the same old body!

And I live in the comfort that so many young people have lost their sensitivity a long time ago and they don't even remember to make their bed! And I still do.  So why would I even bother if I forget where my cell phone was? I can ring it anytime.  I have several pairs of eyeglasses that if I forget that I wore a pair on my head, I have another pair probably in my bag,  in my drawer or inside the refrigerator! My camera will remember places and moments I will surely forget, so what's the fuss?

1 comment: