Tuesday, July 7, 2015

#95 cat meowsings: pest or pet?

I had cats when I was a little girl. One would wake me up in the mornings by tapping me lightly on the head. If that did not work it played with my hair. She climbed the caimito tree from the kitchen to the roof, then would jump into the window of my bedroom, then find its way under my mosquito net. 

Cats die when someone gets sick very bad. I had a dozen. When my father superman had his surgery, a few days later ALL of dem cats died one after another. No poison. No wounds. Daddy recovered. 12 cats to save him! I only needed one! 

I grew up with black cats too. Black luck? No way. When my sister moved from quezon city to las PiƱas, her black cat was found gripping the chassis under the truck that transported all their appliances and accoutrements, lest she would be left behind in Matatag St. 

This is the root of my belief that cats are sensient beings and always suspiscious. 

Having cats also turmed me into the best sniffing catspoo locator finding every source of this disturbing odour that comes from their deadly excrements!! That is why I didn't like cats anymore!

I had enough cats in my lifetime to write many stories and muse about.  

Burma was an unforgettable character and beauty. Maruja was a closet queen because we were all duped in believing that he was a girl!! Ming shwe, Putol... And another cat i would give this chewy batangas kalamay to, to keep it away from the table for a long time. 

Then one day, I decided that I was a lonely girl... So I got myself a cat after many years that I already banned cats because of this one reason why i dont like cats anymore. 

This Marmalade is as wild as the civets in our neighboring forest. But she's getting sweeter and cuddlier and I am not a fan of that. I like her wild and cold and suspicious. But i trained her not to bother my canaries and to stop jumping after birds. So she is ok. After all, she only has 2 guiding principles in life:  "i likes" or "i don't cares... a damn". 



No comments:

Post a Comment