Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Further on my 100th musing: MOLTING

It is an indomitable challenge to let go to weigh less by trimming all that is unnecessary in your life.

Emptying is daunting. And I am afraid. The void is terrifying. Material things and even old ideologies can be addicting. Who will I be after shedding? 

But people move on. We shed skin and new skin grows, we trim our fingernails and they grow back, we cut our hair and it grows long again to whatever length we want, we lose a tooth or more, we lose memory... That's how I know that I move on, and that I am changing.  We lose some but win some with luck. 

 I can imagine the relief to be new once again once you've shed. 

So on this premise, the boss of me approves that i decompress to keep me focused on what is important and what gives me joy. 























No comments:

Post a Comment