Thursday, July 2, 2015

92: I can't believe you are 24 HEDCen!



I was not aware that this was going to happen:
to give birth to you at the time I could not even afford to.
I did not even know that I was pregnant!

Pregnant in my head that is.
I kept dreaming that I was going to have another baby after my third child.
I thought that I was delusional because the OB said no more babies for me.

So I kept dreaming that I was pregnant and all the signs of pregnancy I went through
in my dreams.

Vitty was 11 when I had you.
One night of labor to draw and imagine you.
Then on July 1, 1992
You were born.

If you were a human baby, you would be androgynous
but you are not human.
You are a vessel.

Yet I treated you like my fourth child
and together with the entire family
we welcomed you and 11 children on July 1, 1992.

No grand illusions
We just did what should be done.
a classroom without walls and windows, not even a door.

The rest is history.
You never fail to amaze me.
You are not my work alone.
You are His work for I do not know anything.

So I thank God that The Little Farmhouse is now a ranch as I would be joked by friends.
You are also known as HEDCen!
The mighty HEDCen a.k.a "Holy Stick!"
A pun unintended from the boys you have encoutered in soccer!

Body, mind and spirit.
Our work is never done.

As I have grown old, I may be the mother
but I guess, that the continuation of this "epic" is now in collaboration
with the trusted faculty.

you even have your own children now.
Ana and Juaqui are dedicating their gifts to continue and to enrich, to further innovate and polish.
Our past students are coming back to teach.

So I am a grandmother.
Five of my grandchildren are in your classrooms or
they would not be if you were not great enough!


All schools need a grandmother.
And my role has shifted to be the doter, the unconditional lover.
 

Thanking all of you who have been part of TWENTY FOUR years!

More to come! great and small!
Let's build a better world for all!










1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, HEdCen! How about the birthday hat making? The kids will surely miss those. Myself included. :)

    ReplyDelete