Saturday, December 3, 2011

34 first wedding anniversaries

Today i write a love song
A love song of me and mine.

Somewhere in the old boxes of time
a song so sweet, a memory of a line
a love song i hum in my mind.

 "Desmond says to Molly girl I like your face..."

In a campus in Diliman I was found,
a hippie flower child
Of organic beginnings
In gingham shirt
And stone washed Levi's.

a line from Joe Black says it all...
He was struck by a lightning
and started levitating
can you imagine
this Sugar of mine?

Brains and brawns coated in dark skin
while I, luminous in pinkish white
with eyes critical and wits so quick
maimed the hulk, in muted silence.

I am singing this love song
in the soft, misty mornings 
when the dawn is bursting
with the sun's first rays.
"obladi, oblada life goes on bra (?)"

My love unknowing, he sleeps in tender snoring
that I am singing this love song of mine,
"obladi, oblada"
He is definitely going to make it 
his record breaking 34th year of amnesia!

I don't want him to remember!
Because he is sweet that way, my "sugar, sugar"
No saccharine wedding anniversaries
My type of thing after 3 decades and 4,
and why should we bother?
We love each other
in a very unfashionable way!

...and so we were wed after 4 years of courtship
a true Filipina was I, a galant Pinoy Pele was he
on that day, 34 years to be exact-
wed by an old. bald guy in a cathedral called San Agustin.

... while his girl watched from the last pew...
 whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt???????!!!!!!!!!!




the groom: a little bit like vitty and juaqui and some parts like ana 
the bride:  gown by Auggie Cordero, make up by Jesi Mendez



( I mean the priest's, not the groom's)
YEESSs!! (shrieking from the audience)
...in pious whispers, the women of Naic hissed ...

and who would not suffer from amnesia hahahahahhahahha!!!
( I mean the groom not the priest)

and this is what's true... this love song of his...
"the first time ever I saw your face..."
would be his last...
after waking up from his hypnotic trance
he woke up abused and harassed every night...
to feed and burp
the babies.

and as he got up from bed this morning - this is another day
what's the fuss?
Jacob presses the button of his fire truck
And the day begins
again...

and tonight, we will have roast duck!!
Cheers!




2 comments:

  1. Happy 34th first wedding anniversary to a beautiful and witty bride and the very lucky groom with amnesia. Enjoy the roast duck and lot of cheers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what Nenette, he came home for lunch a few minutes ago and found me napping on the bridge. I told him we will dinner out tonight at Springdeer. He was clueless, he likes it there but had to ask why. hahahaha!! the rest is a replay of every year that he forgets, oh!!! but i love you! his amnesia is here to stay. if at all he will remember, I will not like it anymore! thank you best friend!

    ReplyDelete