Saturday, December 10, 2011

Quo Vadis

photo by Sugar
Just a few days more and I would have lost it! The voucher for travel was awarded to me last year as the grand raffle prize in the Assumption "One"- a reunion of all "old" girls.  Lucky indeed to have won the first prize and to find it in my drawer a year after, a few days just before its expiration.  Oh wow, just in the nick of time.

Sugar came along motivated by roast ducks in Hongkong.  He wanted to see Bangkok for the fruits but the recent floods made us cross it out.

We left with US$11.00 and our half-month salary.  Not much and for him, it was something he would not risk before.  He is getting the hang of it and it was such pleasure having him around to carry my bags, to feed me, and to deal with the Hongkong nationals, if you know what I mean.  Oh yes, to take my pictures too!  I will not complain.  He tried his best.


jewels of Hongkong

amidst the concrete jungle, somethings of earth still exists

sitting on top of Hongkong

no ready cash for the train fare

the giant Buddha atop Ngong Ping

Remember 5 things to get from Hongkong:  Chan pui mui, white candy, walnut and licorice chews, rose tea and egg rolls. Well, make sure you meet Gandhi and Einstein too.

Interlink travel tours gave us such a wonderful package- hotel right in the middle of Kowloon, great airline and schedule of flights, breakfast and a half-day tour.  Thank you!

I hope that I can convince him to ride with me again.  I plan to tell him there's roast goose everywhere in Europe.

Ta-ta!




2 comments:

  1. Oh Tita what a great adventure. Reminds me of our Hong Kong Trip (a long time ago). ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. will always remember our trip to Hongkong!!! that was a lot of fun and you were still a teenager then.

    ReplyDelete