Wednesday, December 28, 2011

thoughts of cool off

Maybe cyber connections have brought me back friends from the youthful past and i am glad it did find some missing pieces of my life.  I realized how funny and innocent my youth was and proud that for most of my elementary to high school friends, this thing called success was reached!  Happy to see my girlfriends married to good husbands, grateful for their good health, and delighted over their own accomplishments.

Cyber connections have also provided a virtual reality for families who are separated by the continental divides.  My son and his family in Australia will be terribly, horribly missed if not for the net.

Somehow it has provided romantic liaisons and people have found life partners through this incredibly efficient means of connecting people from the different parts of the world.

I will not enumerate anymore how the net has also opened new risks for children, dependence on instant gratification, a venue for misplaced or erroneous "strength" for bullies, and a cowardly way to face issues against another human being through a deceptively "intelligent" social or public commentary which in reality and in short, defamation especially when it is too far from the truth.  I have seen thousands of readers who have failed to think critically for themselves and have committed unknowingly, betrayal of self and the human race.

Such power to make or break is here to stay unless we all unplug then choose to grope in the dark again.  Maybe if we only learn to balance things then we reduce the risk of raising children who are not crippled but are no longer using their legs, who are not mute but are no longer speaking... who have no autism but are imprisoned in their own world, people who fail to look at the eyes of another person because that part of their humanity is no longer exercised.

Yet I do facebook when I have often thought of setting myself free.  Still i consider my students  (probably hate the fact that I am around this "new space") and my responsibility to exercise the role of a diligent father of the family given the fact that this is a completely different "school" or "unlearning environment.  I cannot yet leave the very young ones who are easily influenced and who still lack the process of discernment yet they are already out there in this very threateningly dangerous zone even before they learn to read danger signs.


This feeling is very much akin to shaving my head and coming out clean into the world.  I want to but I could not yet.

Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment