Friday, December 3, 2010

poison me

I did not know of these two things before today:  a poison ring and a mourning ring.
Poison rings date back to the Victorian era and the very interesting mourning rings, around 16th century.

There are authentic mourning rings that I stumbled upon an antique shop and while they are interesting, I see no point in wearing a reminder of someone's hair encased in crystal and set in rose gold!   Yes, a "relicario" of my favorite saint, I will wear but not someone else's 16th century remains immortalized in a jewel! Creepeh!!



The poison ring called me from the  display counter.  There is a lid that you release to open,  while you secretly pour a lethal dosage of poison into a glass of any drink.  It should be lethal in a very small amount lest you just give your victim a diarrhea or a gassy stomach.  This reproduction of the original Victorian ring is filigreed and set with tiny stones of turqouise.  A beauty so deceptive and treacherous... would be great to wear one.

Today, I have been married for 33 years!  Hurrah!!!

1 comment:

  1. u didnt know about poison ring? did u get? u will poison someone? hehehe

    ReplyDelete