Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Parental Guidance

I have 4 offices:  first office is in my school at Antipolo.  Second office is at home in Frogglerocks.  My third office is Facebook and my 4th could be anywhere else in the world.

My third office is where I get to connect with friends but more importantly, this is for my young friends in school.  I get invited enthusiastically by these young people, some cannot even write a sentence yet. 
They find out later that friendship with me in this book of faces has a big tag called prudence, another tag called social responsibility, and one more tag on net etiquette.

I stay awake watching this third office of mine,  and I wonder if every parent is on top of their children's activities especially when they plug in to the cyber world.  Recently,  I was invited by a little girl to be her friend.  Her profile pic was a young woman seductively posed and in that profile album was the same model in her birthday suit.  She is just 8.

Parental guidance and vigilance. That's number one in my Christmas list.

1 comment:

  1. I share your view that parents should be aware of what their children do in cyberspace, especially when the kids are very young. Even with video games - I am appalled when parents have no idea what the game they purchased is all about, yet allow their children to play it the whole day! I truly share your wish :-)

    ReplyDelete