Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pilar

We talked about my memory gaps and how i am struggling to fix it.  She was interested to know how my last trip was. She remembered details about my children, and was happy to know that Ana decided to stay in the Phlippines.  She gave me a jar of beauty creme- the one she uses on her gorgeous face.  I left her house not just with a jar of Pond's but a vivid memory of her grace and love for life.  I left  a prayer that she would stay around longer.

The last time I saw her was a few days before I left for Australia.  I received what would be her last text message saying that I would be missed.

I will miss this feisty, independent, bright and witty woman.  When I imagine her and as I pray for her, I see her colors and I smell her perfume.  She left with me and with all her dear friends a standard for living a great, beautiful life.  She is how I would like to be when I grow older, if  I can keep my mind alert and my senses intact by that time (granting your vitamins would work for me too).


I know you are now in this garden intoxicated with magnificent flowers,  and in case you bump into my loved ones, please tell them about me.

And as I would always end my message to you, "a basket of  love and thanks coming your way".

My cup runneth over.

Goodbye my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment