Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Consaguineous



When you are 5th in the pecking order and there are 6 of you, you know that you have one to peck on.  He pecked on me instead while we were growing up using me as his target  in his combat games,  but that did not last long. 

We have been back to back over the long years of being the two youngest in the family.  The only two who did not graduate as valedictorians in high school. Of the remaining siblings alive, Baby bro is my minister, my retardant when I am on fire, and most of all my trusted friend who will never judge me. My sister will get jealous but she is my one and only favorite sister and my mentor and financier!  The other brother is my favorite doctor and life saver.  How blessed can that be? Got to thank Mary and Manny. 

We two however are reprimanded for being the laziest in the brood, but that is a generational perception. 

It is good to have a brother who spends his holidays with the family  whenever benefits allow it.  It is when we are simply who we are.  

I will miss my son and my sibling when they leave on Friday to two different continents where brother will be back to home and work and where son will meet new and exciting possibilities. 

Hasta la vista! 


No comments:

Post a Comment