Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Last Man Standing





That is a very nice pillow and will be my pillow tonight. I brought my side kick who is sick. 

Our roles were reversed. I never knew how to be admitted in a hospital. I just get sick and they poke me or they make me go in tunnels and subject me to rays. 

I did the opposite today. I went through windows, filled up forms, signed docus and waited.  Last time I was a companion to an infirmed was several years back in Brisbane where I wheeled my son and bumped his newly sawed and sewn knees into walls. Cant blame me. Big baby was a ton too heavy for his mooma. 
This time around, I lost my patient for a while because i was wrestling with the bag cart while a security guard and not an orderly pushed my daughter's wheelchair to the admitting office. They don't have orderlies, none that was visible in the evening, after they have given their best performance in the daytime.  

Finally settling in the room, we waited for the huggers. They have these dehydrated pillows that have to be released from plastic that i tried to wrench open with bare hands.  It needed a big pair of scissors that an able-bodied nurse brought in. 

Thirsty, i realized that i cannot ask my side kick to get me water. She would do all these for me when she had the upper hand. 

I have to get it myself so I did not.  
Anyway, I do not like to go to bed bloated so i decided to just gargle water from the tap but

meanwhile, i am tempted to have some arroz caldo and BLT sandwich from the Island that Floats. THAT SOLVED MY WATER DILEMMA. 

Tomorrow? I leave it to the hands of God and His doctors.  Hoping to take her home and to get her back in soap making very soon, or old mooma will be broke. 

Amen. 









No comments:

Post a Comment