Wednesday, November 10, 2010

love thoughts for mommy


Jacob wanted to make a special card for his Mommy.  I brought out my markers and my set of gel crayons for him to use.  I love the twister markers of Crayola because I do not have to worry about caps rolling under the bed or ending up in Golda's mouth.  Lyra Gel Kreiden or gel crayons are so easy to use.  It spreads very well on paper and gives instant gratification to young artists like Jacob. 

His projects or drawings revolve around just one thing these days - earthworms!!  I forgot to take photos of the first stage of drawings.  There was a blue earthworm where the black portion is now.


When I asked him where the earthworm was, he said, "covered with soil".  There is a green flower and several suns where he mixed red and white because he wanted pink.  Then he experimented with more mixes of primary colors: red and blue, blue and green, red and black while predicting the outcome accurately. 

He wrote the word Mommz and a heart beside it.  He colored "o" red and drew a string for a red balloon.  Below the page is his signature.

Here is all his love for his mom poured on paper.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet :-) I love those twistable crayons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a genius with colors :) there is always a story with jacob's work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to be treasured for years, excited to watch his art evolve:)

    ReplyDelete