Monday, September 14, 2015

Eavesdropping

There's a mother-son tandem on the other table. Both in the prime of their lives. Mom pays for their date. Son collects all unused table napkins and gives them to his mom. 


 The waitresses know them. They ordered some more. This time for take out. They take their time. He waits patiently. Mom is enjoying the ambiance in a hospital resto. 

She is served a new order. A platter of fruits. He smiles at his mom fondly. He asks for a clean set of wares. 

Another waiter comes. This time with the bill. He gets it. With a smile. Reviews their order. Mom gets her wallet from her bag. He says, "mamaya na"...

Who among Ana's sons will do this? I am seeing a scenario in the future when Ana will be older than my age now. 

My order came. 

Vitty loves daing na bangus. 

More people came as it was an hour before lunch. 

Someone wearing a mask entered. I am freaking out. The guy on the other table sneezed very loud. It scared me. 

I realized that i am in a freaking hospital restaurant. 

And I am behaving like a nervous, psychosomatic old woman! 

Time to go. The son who accompanies his mom is looking at me. I checked if I have rice in my chin or cheek. 

I should be more discreet when I am eavesdropping. Maybe he thinks that I have a crush on him! 

My daing is not cooked the way I like my daing. Golden bronze. Is there such a thing? Tostado then. I can't eat pale in a hospital restaurant.  Half of my daing was for take out.  Left hardly touching the other half. 

More people are coming in. Got to go.  Appointment at 11:30. 










No comments:

Post a Comment