Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Jungle




My heart has been heavy lately with the news of children harshly dying physically or emotionally.

Children should never be separated from their parents nor parents to be separated from their children. 

The most tragic casualty of war are the smallest and youngest humans. They who are born purely innocent and trusting that the world will take care of them. 

Our hope is squandered and mutilated. Either they are homeless, hungry, cold, abused or dead.

Today I had 6 gremlins  in one room. I can't complain. Yes i did a little. Thank God there's cartoon network, disney channel and national geographic. Baby Robyn is happy with bites of protein, some scoops of mango, some serious conversation and a lot of peek-a-boo. The rest were unblinking in front of the tv except for Ka Justo who has a different set of requirements. This dude requires human interaction.   Lucy was with parents and came up when everyone has gone home for their naps and after I have taken a long and refreshing shower. 

Everyone accounted for. No one got hurt and my military tactic worked. They obliged with sauteed camote tops and green papaya for lunch. 

It may sound lame or maybe useless but I offered today's chaos and strife for the Syrian children and children around the planet. Grateful to have my gremlins all in my arms. Grateful there are no waves to snatch them from my embrace. Glad to be of service too.  Relieved we all survived the day! 

I hope their parents turned off their phones and gadgets when they got home. I hope that all mommies and dadas give undivided time looking at each child attentively today and everyday. Except for when fathers are overseas working. Yes they need to skype or face time. It is a must!! 

Now i am alone blogging with this wee little toy that is keeping me company. 

I will say big time prayers tonight. I hope to wake up to a sweet day tomorrow and wish you do too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment