Saturday, September 12, 2015

Wings are ok in the right place



I was inspired by my grandchildren's big appetite for painting this morning. I gave them warm up on bond paper. The value they put on the quality of paper is not the brand, not even its thickness or weight- it's the SIZE! The bigger, the more awesome.  In the end, i gave them special paper for my contentment. Not theirs. It did not change the mood at all. 

While the last page of my watercolor paper was torn from its spring binding, i was more than satisfied to do a demo on a recycled paper ( i use the back a lot and very often i would have 2 paintings in one). 

When the session was over, they ran outside the garden to pick some flowers while jacob chose a small shovel to dig some "crystals".  I am glad that I recently followed on IG an artist who paints crystals and he got more inspired when i showed him the photos. 

Finally "alone" when they left the table, I continued to add more details to the demo wing. 

At the back of this painting is a forest study that i am not too keen about. 

I love this exercise. Free and easy. I did not have to lift weights. Just right for someone who had a flu and therefore is praying that her trainer will not show up on Monday.  But then i also know that my bat wings will not even make me fly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment