Wednesday, May 16, 2012

His Golden Garland is in Profuse Bloom

I am wondering if my mom from her place in heaven had been sending angels who whispered into the ears of those who were in my midst when I needed help.

Our house,  now the school was at the far end of the main road.   We were not the only one.  Isolated, yes but there is a bungalow where lived my neighbors who became very good friends and supporters. They brought my 3 yr old son to the hospital when he cut his finger while I was in my daughter's first communion, 17 years ago.

When I started my preschool, Tito Naz was the president of the Homeowners Association.  He gave me the permit to operate inside the subdivision. As the school grew a little, it  was besieged with territorial issues by some residents.  He backed us up.  He stood by our side negating complaints that we were nuisance. His argument, being my immediate neighbor shutdown all allegations, imaginary and concocted.   

In all these years, he greeted me with a warm smile on his kind face.  He made it possible for the school to grow right beside him!  There were things he commented on- our school owl's lonely call at night and the dust that would be stirred during PE on very dry days.  Outside of that, he was too busy having a grand time with life, with his work, or garden that there was hardly nothing at all to complain about.

Now, this morning as he lay sick and paused, I was helpless and felt utterly useless.  There was nothing I could do in return for all the love and affection he quietly and diligently stood for.

I  know that God has different ways of answering our prayers.  I would like to imagine seeing him back on his feet again and while we wait for a full recovery, this interruption is making me look into the interesting times of my life and project.

I know that we have thanked Tito Naz many times but I had to tell him again today.  When he wakes up from this, he'd probably say, "you are welcome. Emma, kumusta? ".

His golden garland is in profuse bloom- I wonder how he does it.  I have to ask him when he gets back home.








No comments:

Post a Comment