Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HS#3: 4 boxes of buko pies

i have a diabetic husband, a pregnant daughter,  a regular appointment with my doctor, wonderful people living in my neighborhood and 4 boxes of sinfully delicious, and decadently superlative "buko pies".

The 4 heavenly boxes of buko pies arrived with my friends who flew to Manila from Bacolod City.

I waited till the pies got home.  It was 11 pm when its arrival wafted in the air!

I decided that I was not going to sleep without having a taste of it.  I had to. while it was fresh.

My diabetic husband is a reformed glutton. He lost 40 lbs in the last 4 months.  He had to.

I woke my husband that night the buko pies arrived.  If he was going to die, I decided that it be over these buko pies!! 

I opened a box.  It was the most beautiful golden round pie to fill your heart with before you sleep.  The buko filling was exactly the way the meat of young coconut should look, should smell, should taste and should feel in your mouth!  Soft in a gelatinous way, sweet the way nectar is sweet without sugar, hmmmm, hmmmm, mmmmmmmmm!  The crust was always perfect!

My husband and I... we took our first bite.  The lights went out then on again.
My husband and I... we took our second bite.  The lights went out then on again!
WE finished a slice in two bites!

Second slice.
My husband and I took our first second slice bite.  The lights went out then on again.
WE took our second second slice bite and the same thing happened!  "What the..?"

Third slice.
Brown out till our fourth slice.

I gave one quarter of the pie from the first box to the pregnant daughter.

One box went to my doctor whose name means "Divine Grace".  I love her so I gave her one box of heaven!

I gave a quarter of the pie to my wonderful neighbors.  They are, after all my favorite neighbors since they are also my only neighbor.

I ate and ate till I was down to my last box.

to be continued...

(doctor said that I should sleep by 9pm.  it's 9:30 and i don't want her mad at me.  goodnite!)





2 comments:

  1. oh you will not regret it pound by pound!! Better yet, fly to Bacolod, and eat it right there!

    ReplyDelete