Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Rock Your Wardrobe!


This is an alternative way to
1.  Conserve the natural materials used in the production of clothes especially use of electricity while clothes are being sewn at night and yes while the sewing machine's motor is plugged????
2. It saves dressmakers from consuming softdrinks while they try to meet their quota needing the much needed sugar rush????
3.  Pre loved items have already been broken in. Remember when you were young and how your pair of new shoes gave you blisters while you went around your neighborhood and relatives on Christmas day for "papasko"? Same with clothes, especially with denim jeans that they try to sell looking battered and soiled- well you don't have to be fooled that way anymore. Pre-loved clothes are not artificially worn-looking. They honestly are!
4. Branded fashion clothes? Let the other fashionistas spend their fortune buying them. If you wait and you know how the stylist people behave economically when it comes to clothes, you get the slightly worn and severly slashed clothes in pre-loved sales a.k.a. Garage sale like the poster above. 
5. Not all best buys are new and mall-fresh. If you are impulsive, you are a compromised shopper. Why not let others do the impulsive buying and you buy the after-thoughts? 

 I have a small collection of branded clothes for fun. They are great as your ootd's, you can even do selfies wearing a very expensive Alexander Mcqueen for an obscenely cheap price in the ukay ukay.  I will not in my dreams want to get them from a rack where a dress could cost you a small classroom in a God-forsaken area.  

Otherwise I get mine personally sewn for me by a dear friend who owns a dress shop.  Where the dressmaker thinks of me all the time while making the dress. Oh well, they are privy to body secrets too but that's how clothes to fit are made. 

I am extremely awed by how the young women i know around in my neighborhood are doing their garage sale upscale and really classy!  I cannot wait to see their clothes up in my garage. You would want to see a fashion design graduate's collection of clothes. I want! Or a young artist's who is into edgy but  comfortable no nonsense fashion! Or my daughter-in-law who would fit into a girl's dress. I know it's hard to find adult clothes that would fit that frame, but her fashion sense rocks so there- she has found the mature dresses for those who are in her size range. I hope she does not sell her white hippie skirt. I am still hoping to fit into that! Lol!

We try to do little things to save the world   Sometimes advocacies can be found on the streets. Sometimes in garages. 








No comments:

Post a Comment