Monday, September 26, 2011

Edgardo: for Maritess and all his friends


The last time i saw him in a picture dressed to the hilt was in his daughter Kay's wedding. If I did not know he is no longer earth bound, i would have thought for a while that this is my dear diko dancing with a lady.


While I recall,
you had the sweetest smile
and eyes that glinted fire
angel hair
very tall
very strong
very bright
dashing in fact...

quite sensitive
funny
morbid
thoughtful
pensive.

While I recall
you came to visit me
with our weird sister,
your best friend.

we offered whispers
and candies to some entities in my garden.
(that is our sister's idea
of how i can be cured of my weird ailments)
again a game we played like children
as adults
and that was the last.

i dont see your face with your jeep at the pier when we visit
i dont hear from you anymore.
i dont read from you either
nor do you nag me for chocolates now.

I have this thought
that maybe this christmas you will not be around anymore either?
so goodbye queso de bola?

maybe dad is right at weeping when he misses you.
I just cannot get there yet
but i miss you.

we miss you.
i will miss you on my birthday
Happy will miss you on hers
Kaye will miss her dada when she gives birth
and as we live on earth
you will miss the floods
the presidential elections
the planting and harvesting of your crop
the court proceedings
hunger
pain
sorrow

for you will have something else better, greater, more beautiful
where you are.

i  bid you goodbye as you bid me goodbye while i write this.
you have fun
that's alright.

bye




http://imatruelove.multiply.com/journal/item/24/no_more_queso_de_bola_for_christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment