Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Legs of Steel, Heart of Gold

Can't stop writing about old friends coming out from a black hole after 41 years!  Or could it be that I was in  "reclusion perpetua" while I focused on my life's project?

There is one very kind heart I remember from High school.  I remember how fragile and how sweet she was.  She was like a newly opened bud with velvety skin and an angelic voice.  She was a new girl in high school.  She was "developed" while I was reed-thin and "underdeveloped" to my frustration.

We were friends and in my moments of idle reminiscing, I often wondered if she got married or had children.  I knew her heart would always flitter-flutter, causing her dizzy and fainting spells. I was always concerned and wanted to protect her.

Little did I know that she is a grandma like me, a mother, and a wife now!  Unlike me, who got to fool just one guy in my life, she had boyfriends!!  Oh, was I so happy and thrilled to hear that!

She has not failed to amaze me- her name is Rafe- Rafe the bionic woman!  She dances in her beautiful legs reinforced with steel.  Still angelic,  she is my real life "ironwoman!"  Jacob's got to hear this.

With whatever we have shared in the past, there is one that I will always remember- she was gentle and was a Christian, true to the word!

For someone like me who did not have much pictures of youth, she brought one when we met prior to our grand reunion.  Hahahahaha!!  a picture of a very young me!  I am sure there was a dedication at the back.


To Rafe and all the years that we just kept each other in our hearts and in our minds' hearts, CHEERS to a beautiful ever after.




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Eeemmmms!!!
    I was ecstatic when I read your column, hindi agad ako maka-react. I couldn’t believe I was reading about me, hehe. Ako nga ba yon??? From the bottom of my melting heart, thaaaanks so much for your very nice and kind words. Your column is so flattering, I want to have it framed, hehe.

    Actually the admiration is mutual. I’m so proud to have a friend like you. You have chosen a very noble vocation. Your school is not an ordinary school. True to its name, your approach in giving education is holistic. It is a well-thought, well planned haven for young minds where they can grow intellectually, physically, emotionally and even spiritually. I’m sure your sense of accomplishment comes from enriching experiences that give new meaning & depth to the lives of the children that you touch each day. I also admire your advocacy in preserving nature. With your passion to live your advocacy, I know people will learn valuable lessons from nature that money cannot buy. Your home is a paradise where you and your family enjoy nature at its best. By observing your surroundings, I was reminded that most of the best things in life are free: to breath fresh air, to look down from your open shower area and gaze at the beauty of Tungtung river, to be thrilled by the moon and stars at nights with Sugar, be refreshed by your morning walks with Jacob and Jose ( and soon with Juzto), to be elated over a bird’s nest and the blossoming flowers and trees around. I can go on and on….but most of all, I want to say, I love you friend, and I love the way you are living your life. You are awesome

    ReplyDelete