Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Belen Catly Burkhalter

We have lost contact for 41 solid years!  I was just too happy to reconnect and to know that we are both good... great maybe.  Belen was part of many years in elementary and throughout high school, and we were not just winking at each other, we were bossom buddies. 
She knew right away that this what what she liked

L-Rafe Moredo, me, Belen Catly (seated) Casiana Clerigo and Luz Acosta
 


 I am not sure about her, but I really missed her all these years, wondering how she had been and hoping that things are great with her. 

To make the 41 years short, we finally met! where at? hehehe!  FAcebook!!!! Yeah, that's how we started to catch up with one another.

Believe it or not, she came home for our first high school reunion.  Flew in from Oklahoma. yup! yup! yup! 

She is one face I really wanted to see and kiss plus all the other friends of carefree and uncomplicated childhood. 

And some things never change- we knew who we are and how we were in our innocent youth - the kind of  frankness that you have towards your siblings.  A kind of familiarity without inhibitions.  Nothing ever felt so comfortable.  It was as comfortable as wearing a well loved shirt you can't afford to throw away.

As I have said, some things never changed- she bought one of my paintings just like how I had business with all of them with my drawings when we were in elementary!!!  My best friend bought my painting?  Isn't there a greater gratification than your own friend patronizing your work?

Yes, we all got busy with the choices we made and the life we wanted to pursue but there is something about finding a missing piece in all this long and hard life of mine- my childhood and the memories endearing and healing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment