Friday, April 1, 2016

Back to the Bat Cave for now


I enjoy the humanity of facebook and its users: good intentions and bad, vanity and humility, prudence and impulsivity, freedom and recklessness, information and misinformation, business and human connection and interaction. I am not saying that this is the only place for all of the above, but this is where almost everyone congregates without having to commute or travel, shower, dress up decently, comb, spend to treat a friend over coffee and cake. And the world, in one touch- how can it not be awesomely powerful! 

I can enumerate all the conveniences of a gadget and an internet connection but it is useless because I no longer have that at home. đŸ˜„Meaning, i have to dress up to go where there is. And where there is an internet connection is a place of work, and in coffee shops where there is, do i drink coffee alone with my gadget to reach you? And not to mention the fact that I suddenly found myself challenged by the true meaning of friendship and of being private. So, for now, i will try to enjoy the disconnection and will be working on what I can offer for 2017. Anyway, all my children are home now... And I am not saying that you will miss me on FB but I will miss you like a morning paper, and you have the election and its issues to take your interest anyway... except that for those who truly get in touch with me through facebook, i feel that I need to let you know. Meanwhile, email me a note or send a postcard through the slow mail and make a postman or a sorter happy. You may  please send me your addresses through my messenger which I will open when I am in a wifi free zone, and I will connect with you via letter or a postcard or a free phone call. 

Enjoy the world! 















No comments:

Post a Comment