Friday, June 29, 2012

why don't you walk?

I am not sure how walking clears the mind, but at the end of every hike, my mind, body and breathing are one.

I also walk for other intentions outside of my personal reasons.  Golda for one.  She loves the jog from Frogglerocks to The Little Farm House.  She gets all the reward of getting there from all her young admirers.

Today, I walked for Ana.  Maybe it would help ease her heavy anticipation of a meeting that could only turn well (I hope).

I walk on streets with deserted houses.  These houses are so lonely that they probably like to see a live human form besides the ghosts and spirits that dwell in their rooms.

I walk with friends who need to cry and sort things out in every step,  or listen to  woes about husbands who have gone astray, money that does not come, neighbors who suck, etcetera, etcetera! 

I walk quite often with someone who needs to burn his sugar.  Funny that his name is Sugar.

I walk for health and peace of mind and to figure things out.   Sometimes I stumble upon wisdom while walking or realize that life is really a comedy, not a tragedy.

I untangle knots in my joints, stretch my muscles and wonderfully glow with enhanced circulation.  These are some side effects of walking... the downside - bigger legs and feet maybe but who cares? 

walk daily if you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment