Saturday, June 9, 2012

20 years of NPO

I have been giving an orientation to new parents for the last 20 years.   And strangely, no orientation is ever the same.  I talk about the same school but in different ways.  Except that today, I will be brief.

I want to tell them that on my 40th orientation,  I will be seeing your children seated as parents.  That is 20 years from now.

I will tell them that my welcome gifts are thoughts of my school's vision, mission and ideal student or person.

There is no clear departure from each of these gifts, only that they flow from one to the other.

The Filipino child is what or who I am looking at.  He is the target of the school's vision.  A globally competent member of the world community contributing largely to education, family units, environment and human rights.  20 years from now, people can have more than 10 jobs, and our ideal graduate will be capable of creating their own jobs and that of others.

How is that possible?  By believing in the capacity of every individual or of every child.  That is our mission and or the wind the breathes beneath the wings.

Through the HEDCen's formation and academic programs, we aim to deliver the world the goods- the ideal Hedcen student equipped with life skills, a high adversity quotient, emotionally intelligent, intelligently functional and relevant.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment