Monday, April 23, 2012

My Earth Day



Target Island near Bulalacao, Oriental Mindoro: Odon, who was trying to explain why it was called that way just finished gulping 3/4 of his bottle of Fundador and said everything in a slur.

"Ayam myan (hic!****)kya** charget* ayands kse** jn ngpraktish ppuchukin*** mnga bombahh**** nung @@*@*8japnesh war"

If you can make something out of his speech,  you will get a little idea where this island got its name, though the information is definitely not for wikipedia.
From a distance, this island looks like a sleeping dragon in the middle of the sea

it gets to be more grotesque as you go closer
Balatasan Island:  A revisit to an island I fell in love with while recuperating from an accident made me realize that this beautiful island, in spite of human acquisitiveness and avarice, is still very idyll and poetic.  I am so glad I saw it in its pristine state, its beauty unaffected, back in the days when... greed has not taken over.

 
I basked for weeks on this shore.  It was like a mother to me.  Now look at its bald spot!























A happy visit to my cousin, and a whirlwind adventure with my sister, brother and nephew

 

No comments:

Post a Comment